Firebox Depth, is Blaze King The King?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrant

Jan 17, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
Are there any other stoves that have a firebox depth similar to the Blaze Kings? I have a BK 1107 in my shop, and I never have any ash or coals trying to fall out. I have an Englander NC-30 at my cabin and I am always trying to keep coals and ash from rolling out.

I'm looking at putting a stove in my house, and would like it to have a deep firebox.

http://blazeking.com/Posters/BlazeKingPosters.pdf

Thanks

Why not just put a BK in the house..you know how they run.
I know..too ugly right? lol

I'm really looking into the Princess. Just seeing what else is out there to compare.

An ash shovel is five bucks. I have never had ashes or coals even come close to falling out of my 30-NC. And I only take out some ashes once a week or so.

Put a BK in the house. But not for reasons of lousy stove management. :lol:

I wasn't trying to put down the NC-30. It's a great stove! I could cut my wood shorter, and not stuff as much into it as I do. I guess I'm just spoiled with the BK. Most other stoves I have looked at seem to have about the same depth as the NC-30's firebox.

kgrant said:
I wasn't trying to put down the NC-30. It's a great stove! I could cut my wood shorter, and not stuff as much into it as I do. I guess I'm just spoiled with the BK. Most other stoves I have looked at seem to have about the same depth as the NC-30's firebox.

I gota tell you this..

We have had a BK Classic for 24 years..non cat.
Anyways when the wife and I went to look at new ones there were no bK stoves.
So she said to the sales guy..these stoves are nice but they must be 1/2 size display models,do you have any full size ones of these?
I could not help but laugh.
The biggest the guy had was a Lopi Liberty...not a bad stove.
But we ended selling our first born to get the new bK.

I grew up hauling wood for a BK Classic. My parents are still using it today. Great stoves!

kgrant said:
I grew up hauling wood for a BK Classic. My parents are still using it today. Great stoves!
Yep..so we thought also.
And it was a good stove..but the new ones with the cat + t-stat are crazy better!

Big simple easy stove to operate. Empty the ashes every 4-6 weeks. I doubt there is an easier stove to operate that puts out that much heat and will run low enough to not overheat your house in miilder temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.