Firebox engulfed in Flames...but for how long?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
After loading or reloading how long is your box engulfed in flames (flames emitting to burn tubes and throughout box)? If this isn't an easily answered question, tell me what your burn looks like between cycles.

Problem with a question like this is there are many variables that will effect the explanation. Type of wood, dryness, amount of hot coals the wood was loaded on, N/S versus E/W loading, size of the firebox, how full the firebox is loaded, how tightly the wood is placed in there, rounds vs splits, size of rounds or splits, how strong the chimney drafts, how the air control on the stove was utilized, etc, etc.

Best thing I'd say is to go to youtube and do some playing around and see what vids you come up with. After spending some time around here as you have, I bet you'll be able to decipher which videos are giving you good examples and which are out of line.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.