Firebrick type? Pumice / K26 brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not familiar with the ebay listing bricks - but I can say this..
There are typically two types of bricks used in wood stoves - yes, they are different. The pumice style, lightweight bricks are the style that quadrafire uses (there may be other mfgs also). The other style is a very heavy, dense brick. They radiate/reflect/and block heat differently because of the materials used.
The ebay listing suggests “light weight” But that does not automatically equate to the same style and mfg properties of the pumice bricks.

I highly suggest replacing your fire bricks with the same style of brick that was used by the MFG. maybe you could spec out the quad bricks and compare to the ebay bricks but I would not ‘assume’ them to be the same.

With shipping those are $6.90 ea

Sounds like the eBay refractory bricks will work

If you have a Tractor Supply or Rural King in your area they sell refractory bricks, I bought some last year for a buck a piece.

My point I was trying to make above is that not all bricks are created the same. The Tractor supply ( as well as most other box stores) don’t carry the pumice bricks — which is what Quad uses. They have different properties.