Firebricks for Englander Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Anybody know where I can get a firebrick for my new Englander stove? I have a cracked one in my new unused stove....Not too happy. I have heard they are in Home Depot but in what department would they be in, can't find any.
Thanks

JFK said:
Anybody know where I can get a firebrick for my new Englander stove? I have a cracked one in my new unused stove....Not too happy. I have heard they are in Home Depot but in what department would they be in, can't find any.
Thanks

Not sure if you wanna wait but I saw a thread with the englander guys shipping out bricks under warranty for free, I'd contact them about it. If not, I'd hit the yellow pages and look for a brickyard or stove shop.

I just replaced the firebrick in my stove. Cost me $20 for 22, 9"x4.5"x1.25" bricks
bought at the local brick yard. The nearest wood stove store wanted over $150 for
a replacement set for my stove.

Stove shop here sells them for a buck and half apiece. They are something like $2.43 on the England's website. The stove uses standard size bricks.

Be glad it ain't a Quad.

Hardware stores here sell it.

Look for a brickyard or masonry supply place - the Home Despots, around here at least, don't sell firebrick.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.