Fired her up today, but just for practice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
Started cold weather practice today, she fired right up. Thanks to Eric for sending my combustion gaskets in a speedy delivery way.

I hear ya ! Practice makes perfect ! I did the same thing last week when the temp 26 degrees overnight . The house was 65 in the morning ! :gulp: So i had to fire it up!!!!!!!!!!!

I also turned mine on three times recently when we had a cold front come in and it got a bit chilly, just to make sure that all was well and working properly.

I bought the same brand of pellets I had last year which were White Lightnings, hardwood, and I was very pleased with them, so I did not have to make any feed adjustments with the feed rod on my Quadrafire Castile insert.

:lol: Admit it you guys....you just HAD to find an excuse to start the stove, didn't you!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.