Fired up my stove for the first time this season...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sculptor

Sep 22, 2009
central nc
. When the stove is in operation, the auger cycle takes appox. 3 seconds, every so often, it will do a 1 second 'humft' and no pellets drop. This keeps a bare minimum amount of pellets in the stove, and will starve itself and shut itself down.

sculptor said:
. When the stove is in operation, the auger cycle takes appox. 3 seconds, every so often, it will do a 1 second 'humft' and no pellets drop. This keeps a bare minimum amount of pellets in the stove, and will starve itself and shut itself down.

Check your auger flight and auger for a possible obstruction that moves with the auger, also check for a bend in the auger that could cause the auger to scrape its flight during part of its revolution.

It could also be a failing augur motor or an auger motor whose gearbox is a might low on grease.

probably want to call me at my shop so i can go over some things with you , the "bump" noise you hear is the air pump self cleaning the igniter and not the auger motor .

may be an off setting in the board causing the low input of fuel. call me at 800-245-6489 im in the office til 5 pm

SmokeyTheBear said:
sculptor said:

Check your auger flight and auger for a possible obstruction that moves with the auger, also check for a bend in the auger that could cause the auger to scrape its flight during part of its revolution.

It could also be a failing auger motor or an auger motor whose gearbox is a might low on grease.

I'm thinking gearbox issue. Lack of lube? What he probably is hearing is the little shaded pole motor stalling! The motor itself has bronze bushings on the armiture. I would give them a drop or two of 20w oil. Just like the blower motors use the blue can 3in1 oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.