Fired up new Quadrafire 4100-I Instert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry_NJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 19, 2008
New Jersey USA
Thanks to all and this forum that help me select and have installed a new insert in my living room fireplace. This replaced a slammer that had worked well for about 20 years.

It got cold enough, now in lower 30s, to fire up the new Quadrafire 4100-I I had installed last summer. All seems well, and I can smell the paint curing, but not objectionable enough to make me open window, I understand that will stop after a few fires.

Only problem, when I stepped outside to look up at the chimney, I noticed a brick at the very top of the chimney sticking out so one side, with what looks to be more than 1/2 its length. It must have something holding it on the edge. Not sure what I'll do other than wait for it to drop, not on my head, thanks. The chimney is a reach too high even from my 32' extension ladder, and the roof is too steep for me to walk around up there. Looks like I'll have to spend big bucks fut to get one brick turned and cemented down, about a 5 minute job if I could safely get up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.