Fired up the stove today, cold weather and no power.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanm

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2012
SE BC Canadian Rockies
Im sitting in front of my wood stove right now listening to the familiar ticking and enjoying the warm glow. Its been around 6 weeks since Ive had a fire so its rather nice. We had a storm roll through last night and the power went out around 7. It was fun playing games with the kids in front of candle light, no tv or devices! We woke up to 7c and still no power and a chilly house so the wife and kids asked me to light the stove. We dont get many power outages so it was odd for me to only have the wood stove as a heat source. I didnt think there was any reason to have to be cold so out into the rain I went looking for some dry wood (not hard at my house). We didnt get above 11c all day and even though the power came on early afternoon we were happy to keep the furnace off. Looks like we will be up to 30c in a couple of days and the stove will go dormant again for another 6 weeks. Hope you are all having a great summer!

Sounds like you caught the tail end of the storms that rolled through WA yesterday. First rain in quite a while. It was welcome. Good to hear you got power back and had a nice warm house. Enjoy the summer.

Reactions: Seanm
Status
Not open for further replies.