Fired Up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadTripper

I decided to get things in order and fire up our stove today. It's supposed to be in the 30's again tonight however I'm heading out of town for a couple days so I can't keep it up. It did feel good to get it going. I also have some work to finish up with some duct work and so on but anyways, I figured I'd share a few pictures. The unit really doesn't have many hours on it but it took on a little water when we were building our house. I may repaint it this year but more likely next summer. We'll see!

My stove was built by Ben Stone. I don't have a lot of information on him other than he passed away kayaking a few years ago. He built mandolins and was very active with environmental protection years before being green was popular. I don't have a firm number but I think he produced around 400 stoves. The stoves are pretty cool and there are a few of them in the area. Mine is pretty large and has a forced air blower, forced draft, double dial draft on the door, and a draft on the bottom right in front of the door. Apparently, there was a steep price for him to get epa rated so he quit making them. Again, I don't have a good grasp on the history however I do see his wife on occasion and may get more information in time.

So, as I said, it needs some love but here she is.

aug06+030.jpg

aug06+031.jpg

aug06+032.jpg

Tripper

Status
Not open for further replies.