Fired up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
Wll after one of the best summers i can remember the ole stove kicked to life during the night. It was 34 degrees this morning at 5:30am. I had the stove on auto and i seen it was on when i made my 2nd trip to go pee (sucks getting old). Anyways i guess the party is over for this year let the games begin.....

woodsman23 said:
....the ole stove kicked to life during the night......Anyways i guess the party is over for this year let the games begin.....

NO, NO, NO!!! :ahhh:

Yeah the temps are heading down. Got the stove cleaned (finally!) so is ready to go.
My Wife told me not to be too anxious to start the stove.
I must confess, I do like drinking my morning coffee in front of the stove!!

Sick, huh??

I do love Fall

I wish I could put the weather on "hold" right now....I LOVE these 50 degree nights and 75 degree, low humidity days. :)

imacman said:
I wish I could put the weather on "hold" right now....I LOVE these 50 degree nights and 75 degree, low humidity days. :)
Exactly how I feel.

woodsman23 said:
... I had the stove on auto and i seen it was on when i made my 2nd trip to go pee (sucks getting old). ...

Maybe you need a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor.

imacman said:

^^^^what he said^^^^

I'm not eager to turn on heat of any kind

Yesterday I put half a bag of pellets in the hopper and fired it up for the first time. Now if it gets below 67 day or 62 night it will operate. Still got to pull the two window ACs.

I got to say that i thaught about fireing up the stove the other day to, but held back. the wife wasnt to happy because she thaught she would come home to a warm house. I told her when you let me take out the a/c in the bed room then I will fire up the stove. Still tryying to hold off to mid Oct for the frist fire< I will take these temps after a great summer.

Had mine on for about an hour tonight....cool but rainy so raw outside! Nice to know it works! LOL 2.5 tons and we are ready to burn!

Fired up my HHO burner this morning, cleaned nozzle, changed filter and cleaned fire box. I guess that don't count, my stove was made ready last spring.

Stopped and picked up a bag of pellets and fired mine up tonight for the first time...now its way to warm in here...but its nice to hear the old girl working.

Is it October already/???

I know the feeling,I have the stove set on room temp just waiting for that drop so it will kick on.

do you think I should close the pool first??

imacman said:
X2 on that.......

imacman said:

x2 , but I had the itch a few days ago and had to see some pellets burn. I had to test the new igniter and I'm sticking to that. I ran it for about 15 minutes to get the neighbors used to the startup smoke and smell.

did the leaf blower clean out again. Started the stove up. Working smooth and quiet. Nice hot fire. Took the dampness right out of the lower level rooms. Sitting beside that stove, my morning coffee was especially good!.
I did get a delivery of one ton of pellets from that guy in Jay Maine who ran the $199. special (including delivery). He came on the day he said. He off loaded the pellets right into my garage one bag at a time. I gave him a good tip. He earned every cent of it.
Now I have to go tune up the snow blower and get some fresh gas. Gotta be thankful for being able to do these things!

Status
Not open for further replies.