Firefighter hurt on the job by falling tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowleopard

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2009
No details given about the extent of injury, but the medivac to Anchorage is usually not a good sign.

http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_...g-tree?instance=home_news_window_left_bullets

Spruce trees here tend to have horizontal root systems rather than vertical because of permafrost and short summers. Thus the caution about roots weakened my fire may not apply in other settings. I'd never heard it, but it makes sense to me, and may be useful to someone else.

Stay safe out there.

That is always sad to see. We hope he comes out well.

Its definately sad to hear when when a firefighter, EMT, or police officer gets hurt on the job. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

We have one that works on my FD, I work at the PD, who was paralyzed helping a neighbor when hurricane Ike came through the northern states. Very sad to see a young man injured so severely being a good neighbor. He is an inspiration now, doing full marathons in his chair.

fv

Status
Not open for further replies.