Fireplace accesories online?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannynelson77

Feeling the Heat
Jan 5, 2010
PA
Anyone know of a good place to get fireplace accesories online? Like log racks, fireplace tools, glass cleaner, etc.?

I would look online and then go to my local retailer and ask if he could come close to the online pricing so you could do the right thing and help keep him in business.

I just googled "fireplace accessories" and a billion links came up, that would be a good start

I've looked at various websites, but havent found one that "has it all" if you know what I mean. Finding online stores that has the log racks but no glass cleaner, or vice versa. Didnt know if there was a one stop shop online for it all?

Glass cleaner = wet newspaper dipped in ashes, rub gently. Discard. Wet newspaper (no ashes), wipe gently. Works well on our stove.

Shari

www.northlineexpress.com

Been happy with what I've ordered there, but I've also bought some stuff locally at my Ace Home & Hearth store.

Thanks. Didnt come across Northline Express. Seems to have it all. Thanks again.

+1 to MMM's comment about www.northlineexpress.com (one of our advertisers here by the way) . . . I've ordered quite a bit of stuff through them . . . decent quality, fast delivery, products are pretty much as promised.

And +1 to Shari's suggestion on using a damp newspaper dipped in ash . . . although these days I'm too cheap to even use newspaper . . . since I only need to do an occasional cleaning of the fly ash off the front (no black since I run hot enough temps and use seasoned wood and don't close down the air too much or too soon) . . . I tend to use a damp rag . . . and then use a dry piece of newspaper to dry off the glass . . although if the glass is still hot enough I can skip the drying process.

Status
Not open for further replies.