fireplace doesnt light,or goes out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swenjj

Dec 25, 2005
last winter was fine,this winter it has been going out and popping back on,now it will not even try to start, then an hour later i try it and it starts,for a while, it is a propane fireplace from vermont castings, only name i see is radiance, we bought our house a year ago with it in

Call your fuel vendor for a service call ... The control valve is shutting off the gas for one or more safety reasons.

I wouldn't suggest you, try a do-it-yourself fix.

If you've skills and gas valve service experiance, I didn't mean to insult you. Just a bit of free advice.

thanks for the advice, i have never had a fireplace before so i am very inexperienced, i called a local heating place and they charged 90 bucks just to seal the venting system better, i think i found a nearby dealer for the fireplace so i will try that tommorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.