Fireplace insert blower fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bone1099

Jan 5, 2009
Northwest GA
I have an old fisher fireplace insert that heats pretty well but It doesnt have a blower. i have experimented with fans and small blowers to move air through the circulator box around the stove and it worked really well but now for something more permanent. What kind of fans have some of you had experience with good or bad trying to decide between long skinny squirrel cage or something like 4-5 inch squirrel cage. i would like it to be quiet and move a good deal of air. also in cfm how much should you have minimum. also if i mount this blower near the top of the stove can it handle the heat.
Thanks

Bone1099 said:
I have an old fisher fireplace insert that heats pretty well but It doesnt have a blower. i have experimented with fans and small blowers to move air through the circulator box around the stove and it worked really well but now for something more permanent. What kind of fans have some of you had experience with good or bad trying to decide between long skinny squirrel cage or something like 4-5 inch squirrel cage. i would like it to be quiet and move a good deal of air. also in cfm how much should you have minimum. also if i mount this blower near the top of the stove can it handle the heat.
Thanks

Attachments

• sony camera 006.jpg
    sony camera 006.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 791
  • sony camera 005.jpg
    sony camera 005.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 710
I'd suggest something like this. You don't want it near the top of the stove. There should be a spot below the ash shelf for a blower. The heat would kill it up top and you'd be fighting the natural buoyancy of hot air if you tried to push the air from top to bottom.

Low-Profile-Blower-1TDU7_AS01.JPG

You can find them at Graingers or a thousand other online places.

the blowers make all the difference. Lots more heat will come out.

i have the same stove as weezer, will a blower effect the draft if i was to put the one shown in the post. as you can see in my post i have a old squirrl cage wired to the mantel. and it does make a world a differance . my wife hates it but she turns it on when she is at home. with out it our living room does not get the heat to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.