Fireplace insert blower help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valsamisn

Nov 7, 2012
Hello,

I have an old fireplace insert that came with the house. I unfortunately have no idea what brand or model...

The insert has a blower (not attached) that slides in to the bottom(ish). When i start it up it just rattles away (SO LOUD!) I haven't been able to find new blowers with the enclosure. Looks like the previous owner took it apart because there are newer sheet metal screws on the enclosure and i believe it game riveted.

Does anyone have any insight here? Please, point me in the right direction :(

Can you post a pic of what you have? If we can see it, chances are someone here will know how to fix your problem.

this is the best i can get right now. My wife sent it to me from home.

I can provide a better photo if needed...

The bottom part (the fan) is completely detached from the insert and butts up against the opening at the bottom...

again, it appears to be an older design.

Attachments

• IMG_8255.jpg
    IMG_8255.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 145
Are you sure that's an insert? Looks more like a Heat Grate in front of an enclosed fireplace.
Are there hollow tubes behind the fireplace doors that the logs actually sit on?

i'm pretty sure it's an insert?

it's a steel box slightly smaller than the size of the fireplace with a damper. The hollow space behind the box heats up. the fan blows air behind the steel box and out the sides/top.

i'm trying to get my wife to send a better pic. Again, i wouldn't be surprised if this model is from the 60s

Not sure what you have there, sorry... Before my time, maybe BeGreen or webbie can chime in here. Still it looks a LOT like a Stoll Heat Grate. Maybe you can remove it & take it to your local hearth shop, to see if there is a generic squirrel-cage fan that can fit in the housing. Where are you located at?

I don't know what you have there...Sorry...Maybe BeGreen or webbie can chime in here... It sure looks like a Stoll Heat Grate, but I can't be sure. I would try removing it & taking it to your local hearth shop to see if a generic squirrel-cage fan can be fit into the housing....

Status
Not open for further replies.