1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

fireplace insert id?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by mike in ct, Jan 20, 2013.

1. mike in ct

mike in ct Member

Loc:
    nw ct
    anyone know what this is? i'm somewhat interested in buying it, but it needs a blower. he says it has 2 and 1 is bad. the only thing is he says no tags or model number on it. he has no clue what it is.looks similat to vermont winter warm, but i dont think it is. any feedback appreciated - mike
    [​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Old VC large insert, model 0044 or 0046, predecessor to the WinterWarm Large?
  3. mike in ct

mike in ct Member

Loc:
    nw ct
    thank you begreen, i'll look around and see what i can find. you would'nt happen to know if parts are still available for it would you?

actually i looked it up, and i believe you are correct. i found this - after paging down, i see the part numbers for left and right blower - no longer available. any ideas where one of these blowers can be had? also does anyone have any experiance with these stoves? is so...your opinion?
    [​IMG]
  4. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
  5. mike in ct

mike in ct Member

Loc:
    nw ct
    thanks, i've opted to buy a used hearthstone heritage for sale on craigslist. i'm heading out shortly to get it. i appreciate the feedback. - mike
  6. mnowaczyk

mnowaczyk Member

Loc:
    Delaware
    I had one of those while I was buying my three stoves on CL. I even copied the whole manual and posted it online somewhere here I think. I recall a guy that swore by the 044/046 fireplace insert. The one I had was a little bit of a hassle for me and I liked the Vermont Stove Company thing I am using right now more.

The special duct that came with mine was kind of a hassle in my tilted smoke shelf.