Fireplace insert id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cykotiktek

Oct 9, 2016
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
I purchased a new to me house a year ago. Both the former owner of the home and house inspector told me it is a very good insert but i never asked for a brand name or model. I would like to install a blower of some type but I am unsure of what to get to actually utilize more of the heat coming from the fire.

My questions are if the insert has a tag on it where would it be I have checked inside and around but it is nearly impossible to check the back without an uninstall

Is it better to get a blower setup designed for my insert or is something recommended such as something that goes underneath or above on top and blowing on the insert I am not sure.

The insert is 28 inches wide
20 inches tall
3 inches from the floor
4 inches from the top of the fireplace
5 inches on each side

a3e028219c532a37c3bce809b2052b67.jpg08bf623aba10facccfb00a3c0d76e77b.jpg0bc9cd7547fa13f6253eedadf3c69761.jpgb917e0a94cc2bdd86a02b0015001831c.jpg

I hope some pictures and dimensions help with the ID

Thank you for any help

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a Fuego from the 80s. Pre EPA, slammer type install, with a short 5"x9" rectangular connector to a lintel height bottom plate. Cleaning these are a real drag, everything has to be disassembled to reach the smoke shelf. I'd remove and replace with a modern insert and an insulated 6" liner

Reactions: begreen
Status
Not open for further replies.