Fireplace Insert Identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MissToriVA

Nov 28, 2018
Richmond, VA 23236, US
Having the WORST time trying to ID this stove as a Grandma or Grandpa fireplace insert.

Might anyone be able to advise?

Attachments

• fisher.jpg
    fisher.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 215
Having the WORST time trying to ID this stove as a Grandma or Grandpa fireplace insert.

Might anyone be able to advise?

Welcome to the forum!

Can you post a picture of the inside of the insert? A Grandma will have 5 firebricks across the back of the stove. Also, post a pic of the inside of one of the doors. It may be marked with a GM/R or something like that (R for right, L for left).

Reactions: MissToriVA
There is no Grandma or Grandpa Insert. They are freestanding wood stoves.
This is simply a "Fisher Fireplace Insert".
The first post in the "Everything Fisher" thread (see sticky section on Fisher Forum home page) will identify any Fisher stove or appliance.

Manual here; https://www.hearth.com/images/uploads/fishinsertmanual.pdf

The Insert uses Grandma doors, but is not a Grandma Bear model stove.

Reactions: Todd67
Thanks coaly! I had no idea what model she had. I never paid much attention to the inserts. I was hoping she would post more pictures.

Why are her doors as wide as the stove? I thought the regular inserts had some space between the outside edge of the doors and the stove body. At first I thought it might be a Honey Bear insert, which is why I was patiently waiting for your reply.

The ash fender is full size Insert type as well as damper control. Doors are the full width of the full size Fireplace Insert.

Thanks for the clarification!