1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fireplace Insert

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Mackman, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Mackman

Mackman New Member

Loc:
    South east PA
    Hey guys first post here. Im kinda looking into a fireplace insert for my house. This wil be the 2nd stove in the house. The other stove is a Earth Stove MP35-50 that is around 15-20 years old. Still runs like a champ. Im kinda leaning For the Harmon P35i. I like the look of it and the track system to pull it out.

I dont know much about stoves. The house i live in used to be my parents. The earth stove my dad bought many years ago. If i get a fireplace insert for up stairs i think i could heat almost the whole house.

I have electric heat now. Just replaced the heat pump outside and the air handler inside with a new Trane 16xl. Total job was 10,500 bucks. Its really a efficient AC/Heater. Thats why it cost so much. It has a sheer rating of like 18. This will be the first winter with it. I just dont know if it will be smart to spend 3-4k on a stove when my heater may not be that much to run.

So anyway if you were in the market today for a insert what would you buy??

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mackman

Mackman New Member

Loc:
    South east PA
    Is quadra fire and harmon own by the same people. It seems like their websites are almost laid out the same.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Yep. Quadra-Fire and "Harman" are both owned by Hearth and Home Technologies.
  4. sante fe

sante fe Member

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie ny
    I have a 52i and couldn't be happier with it. Really puts great heat out. Good luck with your choice. I went and look at a lot of stoves before buying this one.