Q&A Fireplace inserts' blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Hi! Last night we lost power due to an ice storm.Our blower on our wood burning insert was fine before it,but won't work now that the power is back on.Is there something we can do to repair it?If we should call someone else,who?I have a great chimney sweep but is this his area or should I use a heat and air person? How can I find reputable service man in our area (I don't have anyone around who has a woodstove to recommend someone)? By the way-great and informative site!

Answer:

A chimney sweep might be better..but ask him first over the phone if he deals with these things. I'm sure you've checked the obvious like seeing if the circuit blew during the ice storm. Also, make certain your blower does not have a thermostatic setting where it only comes on when the stove gets hot - if it does, it will not work unit the stove reaches a certain temperature.

Lastly, if your deductible is not too high, your homeowners insurances may cover a new blower. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.