Fireplace Installation of Jotel F3 CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benking

Oct 19, 2007
Portland, Maine
I've been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks gathering information and reading about all your experiences installing liners, inserts and stoves. This week we purchased a 25 ft SS liner and a Jotel F3 CB from a local shop. It took me one evening with the help of a friend of install the liner, get the short leg kit installed on the stove and move it into the house and one more night to finally get the liner attached to the stove. It wasn't easy but it saved the $500 installation and I think I was able to do a nicer job than some others I've seen "professionally" done. My chimney was fine (1950's cape) but I opted for the full liner after reading about draft issues and my concern of safety. I grew up heating 100% with wood so I'm comfortable around a stove but my wife is new to the who experience so having a new system from bottom from top makes us both feel better. Had the first small "breakin" fire last night at about 11:00 when I wrapped up and it looked great! Stove worked like a charm, no issues. I still need to put a plate around the flue opening and insulate and install / modify my rain cap but I'm almost there. Listened to the radio this morning about record oil prices and just smiled knowing I should be toasty and warm this winter. Thanks for all the information, this board was a great resource.

Best wishes from another F3 owner. You and your wife will be very happy with the heat output. She may even take over the fire duties like I have. Let us know how you like your stove here and you can post a review on the Hearth.com home site.

Congratulations. Post some pictures when she's fired up!

Status
Not open for further replies.