Fireplace liner install?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Last edited:
Are you about to tackle this job yourself and have questions?

Otherwise, why not ask the folks at "This Old House" about your concerns in their comment section on YouTube as its their work to defend?

My confusion about your thread and question is due to the fact they answered the questions you seem to be asking in the video..

In all, the best I can say is due to the original dimensions and what is required for the flow of a fireplace chimney, there's no room for an insulation blanket in there with that liner. That is why they used the pour down insulation. But again, they mentioned that.

Last edited:
Why would you like to see roxul up there?

Sorry, but I'm confused about what you are looking for.

I agree with pen yes i would rather see insulation but in this case with the dimensions of the firebox and the existing flue there is no room for it. They poured in insulation i am sure it was not enough to bring it up to code but is the best that could be done. And what do you mean by goop it is a very good insulation product. And there is no reason to use roxul anywhere in that system

Status
Not open for further replies.