Q&A Fireplace that burns canned fuel - alcohol?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I once saw a prefabricated fireplace that used canned fuel. This unit was used for "effect" only and gave out very little heat. It generally is for people that would like the atmosphere of a fireplace without the expense.I live in Sparta- WI- and I saw the several units at a fireplace store in Illinois about two years ago. I do not remember where OR the manufacturer. Can you help me?

Answer:

These units are fueled by alcohol. You can find them at numerous places on the net as well as some fireplace and furniture retail outlets. One HearthNet tenant that makes these fireplaces in beautiful antique reproductions is listed below.

Link: LaFlame Alcohol Fireplaces

Status
Not open for further replies.