Fireplace Tool Set

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotulf3cb

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I am looking to purchase my first tool set and wanted to know the following:
1) what the names of some of the better/heavier/sturdier sets out there are
2)What websites carry these higher end tool sets?

Pilgram makes some of the best stuff out there, but you do have to pay a little for their products.

I just got this one from Northline.. It's not the cheapest one but it is solidly made, has a heavy dish shaped base to catch ashes and the tools have a solid heavy feel to them. I'm very happen with the quality of it so far.

http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5PI-18021

Wet1 said:
Pilgram makes some of the best stuff out there, but you do have to pay a little for their products.

I agree, Pilgrim makes the best stuff I ever dealt with. It costs a little more, but I am sure they may have gone the way of circumnavigating their dealers and are selling to the online warehouses.

Yaron2 said:
I am looking to purchase my first tool set and wanted to know the following:
1) what the names of some of the better/heavier/sturdier sets out there are
2)What websites carry these higher end tool sets?

Buck makes some pretty sturdy & heavy heaters the Buck 91 is 527lbs

Thank you for all of the wonderful and quick responses!! I will be making a purchase before the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.