Fireplace vs. insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just opened a Bug Light Golden Wheat. It's...interesting. Bud Light trying to be a Blue Moon. Not pretty.

Corners said:
Check out the Lennox and Security Chinmey BIS EPA fireplaces. Stove efficiency with a fireplace look and install.

Karen, have a look at these, mine sits flush with the wall and only has 24" of tile in front of it. We use it to heat our house in Alberta, which may be just a touch cooler then where you are located. BTW I do not sell them! Here is their website:

http://www.securitychimneys.com/

Thanks for the tip, Alberta, they have some pretty stuff but there's not a dealer in my area. Didn't notice if they sell direct but I'm a big chicken about buying direct, and then trying to hire someone to help me get it installed. sigh I'm just so tired, I was hoping when I went to the place tonight that sold me the ZB that I'd be able to say "what are my options" and sit back and let them do the work. I hope northern fp/stove dealers are more informed than our southern ones, I'm finding myself having to educate and point out issues to these salespeople - I thought that was THEIR job! Scary having to be your own advocate when you are so ignorant of the issue at hand. sigh Might need something harder than beer now. :-(

Karen

At this point it sounds like a ZC approved insert with a 6" SS liner down the existing ZC venting is a pretty viable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.