Fireplace Xtrordinair 33 fast burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick06

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2008
media, pa
Well, i figured it out!

This year my Fireplace Xtrordinair 33 seemed to be burning pretty fast. I originally thought it was because my wood was super dry. It burning very fast, even with the air way down. I finally figured that it must be the gasket was just worn out (after 4 years of use). I am burning 24/7 and since the stove is always hot, haven't done the dollar bill test.

Last night I reloaded and noticed the door was barely closing.

a3695899-201-IMG_3934.jpg

I noticed the latch that closes the door is held in place by a nut, and it was loose. So i just tightened it up (by hand) and now it is very tight. If I close the air it really shuts the fireplace down. I have to get used to where to leave the air control all over again.

But for those with similar fireplaces, Fireplace Xtrordinair 33 and 44 and the lopi declaration (probably a few others), this might save you some time!

Rick

Good info Rick. I'll go check mine tomorrow.

Happy New Year.....Som

If you need to make it even tighter take the nut,washer and latch off and take one
more washer off put latch back and two washers on than the nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.