Fireplace Xtrordinair 36 Elite Blower Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FPX_USER

Oct 11, 2019
Washington
I found an aftermarket replacement blower which works on the FPX Elite 36. The FPX part number for the blower is 98500780, but it was hard to find that part and was quite expensive. I was able to find an equivalent blower, it's a Dayton 1TDR7. Dimensions are identical for the mounting screws and opening. I took the metal baffle/flap off the old blower and installed it on the new one. Photo below is the Dayton blower installed in the original housing. It's a pretty easy DIY job.

Blower_FPX.jpg

Reactions: webby3650
Nice work!
Did you make certain to push the damper flap into the opening before mounting the blower? It’s very easy to trap the flap on this blower.

Last edited:
I hate it when my flap gets trapped.

Reactions: charger4406