Fireplace Xtrordinair coming out with new version of the Model 36!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Ski Bum

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2011
Dillon, Mt
Well, I was on FPX's facebook page earlier today asking some questions about replacing an old p-o-s ZC fireplace with a 36 Elite, & one of the page admins informed me that they are coming out with a new version- called the 36CVT, which is a convection unit, eliminating the need for the remote blower & also eliminating the outside air cooling vents. He also said that it has the option to hook it up to heated air ducts to spread heated air to other rooms! It sounds like almost exactly what I'm looking for & makes me reconsider if I still want to go with the Heat N Glo North Star or not! :)

[quote author="FPX" date="1299635957"] Eric,

We also have a new version of the 36 Elite coming out this year called the 36 CVT. This version of the 36 Elite is ideal for retrofits.
The 36 CVT is a convection heater so you do not need to install the remote convection fan nor use the outdoor air cooling vents that the Posi-Pressure 36 Elite requires. It also can use power heat ducts to vents to duct heat into other rooms if wanted.

Gary [/quote]

It's supposed to come out in June or July, according to what they said.

Sounds very interesting. I don't know anything about the new one coming out, but I will definitely keep in touch with my local dealer about them. I'm looking at replacing a gas fireplace, you may have just found what I'm looking for!
Greg

Has anyone heard any more about the new fpx? I'm building a new home and looking at the FPX 36 Elite. I couldn't find any news on the Travis or FPX sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.