Fireplaces in manufactured home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

home heater

Nov 13, 2013
michigan
So I repaired the back panel on my fireplace, I have been around wood burning in stoves a lot, but not in manufactured home fireplaces. This was my parents home, and it came with the home. I was just wondering how safe they are and how meany members use them.

Manufactured (aka Zero Clearance) fire places are rigorously tested to meet safety standards.
The rating plate on your unit should have a UL marking, or some other testing facilities marking,
indicating such. That being said, they are not rated for heating. They are inefficient.

Thanks we do keep the house warm with it, but I agree with the inefficiency of the unit, although the manual says it pulls air from out side, wish we had a wood stove, but most insurance companies won't insure the house with one.