1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fireplaces w/ Central Heating Option

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Rob From Wisconsin, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob From Wisconsin

Rob From Wisconsin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East-Central Wisconsin
    Mrs. Rob From Wisc. is very interested in the conventional
    look of zero-clearance, high-efficiency fireplaces. One of the
    selling points of such units is ability to add a "Central Heating"
    blower that can be integrated directly into heating ductwork.
    Does anyone out there have any experience/opinions on this
    option?? Thanks...

Rob

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
  3. Rob From Wisconsin

Rob From Wisconsin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East-Central Wisconsin
    Yep, I caught this thread already. Makes me a bit cautious on jumping at
    a new model of relative complexity - wait a couple of years until all the bugs
    are worked out....

Rob
  4. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    I believe its on its third season, we have had one burning in our showroom since the beginnng. I have not personally had any issues with my burn unit, or ones we have sold. The heat transfer system i believe works well, but honestly i havent had any feedback. My best advice is follow the manufacturs recomendations, dont try to enginer things yourself. I would recommed downloading the manual and reveiw it carefully before you make a decision. One thing i can tell you is that the 7100 is HOT, and it holds a lot of wood. I can get close to 16 hour burn times in here with the firebox stuffed.
  5. BurningIsLove

BurningIsLove New Member

Loc:
    Billerica, MA
    Do you already have central heating (baseboard, forced air, etc?) I have existing forced air heating (oil furnace) that is well ducted for heat & return vents. To prevent my woodstove from (over) heating the living room where the thermostat is (causing the rest of the house to be frigid), Im rigging a bypass into the blower motor. That way I can turn on the ventilation system without firing the oil furnace, which will suck the warm air out of the hot living room and blow it throughout the rest of the house, averaging out the temp house-wide.

Havent tried this yet (about 1 week from hooking up the stove), but will let ya know how that works if you have the option of forced air.
  6. MountainStoveGuy

Loc:
    I put a supply to the furnace up high in my catherdral celing and my furnace has a fan setting. Thats exactly what i do to even out the house and it works great.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.