Fireplce Xtrodinair 864 HO versus Heat N Glo 8000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Lone

Nov 22, 2014
Huntsville, AL
I am trying to determine which stove would be the best. I like the Fireplace X but it is a little pricey. Any suggestions as far as durability and over all build?

It's been a few years since I've installed inserts, 10 years, maybe, but, I always was impressed with fireplace extraordinair. At the time, it had the highest btu output and the construction seemed superior to the others. Take all that for what is. 10 year old advice.

Travis unit is a built a little better and their remote is much more user friendly.

The FPX is a phenomenally well built unit. I'd pick the Travis unit hands down over a Heat N Glo any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.