fireproof carpet for pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect you will need to put the stove on a non-combustible surface, not a fireproof carpet. What stove is this and what does the manual call for?

a fire-resistant carpet DOES NOT suffice as floor protection for a combustible floor

BeGreen said:
I suspect you will need to put the stove on a non-combustible surface, not a fireproof carpet. What stove is this and what does the manual call for?

I agree with BG for the most part, but I have been noticing more and more new design stoves coming with built in "hearths" on the base of the stove.

But I STILL wouldn't put it on a carpeted floor.

Unless you have one of the one like I mentioned, the stove must be put on a non-combustible surface (ceramic tile, stone, etc) with the proper clearances according to your stove and local building codes.

And the make/model of the stove is?????

Status
Not open for further replies.