Fireside Ultra this year's sleeper?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, decent pellet. But let's break it down. Outside temp in 30's, put the stove setting on 4/5, wait an hour and a half and the inside temps increased by 4 degrees. I'm glad that you are happy with them, they are a decent pellet. But man, that test, under those conditions, is like junior varsity tryout there. Not too many pellets would have trouble making that cut.
Of course you'll say that CT, you and your buddy BT which are bed buddies sell energex for $50 more a ton, Dont know how you stay in business, guess there's fool's born every minute!
And YES Energex American is Stove Chow and Energex Canadian is Fireside Ultra

I just bought a half ton HD Bangor Maine 84 bucks figures to 168 a ton ... I had a 15% coupon veteran ... I like em like em alot for that price how can you beat em ? I have burnt some good heat and low ash for me my stove likes em ! That price sheeesh !

Yeah, decent pellet. But let's break it down. Outside temp in 30's, put the stove setting on 4/5, wait an hour and a half and the inside temps increased by 4 degrees. I'm glad that you are happy with them, they are a decent pellet. But man, that test, under those conditions, is like junior varsity tryout there. Not too many pellets would have trouble making that cut.

4 degrees is alot if you're taliing about 2000 Sqft and up . As pellets stoves are nothing more than space heaters an hour and a half seems reasonable to me. I can burn okies and I may not turn my house temp up 4 degrees in an hour.

For the price fire sides are a great pellet. Will they keep your house warm in single digit weather.. probably not without burning ALOT. For a shoulder season pellet they are perfect.

Bought 3 tons last Monday @ HD in Bangor for $197 a ton. I'm impressed. I burned Geneva's last year, really liked the Genevas. The FSU have a bit more dust in the bag, but nothing major. I run my PDVC @ 1/5 and it stays 75 in here.

From what I have seen so far of the FSU, I'd buy another 3 tons...and actually just might do that...

I got Fireside Ultra in Rhode Island Home Depot.. Call up your HD I bet they'll have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.