Fireside Ultras and other thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwert

Feeling the Heat
Dec 6, 2008
Northern CT.
This season I have burned Stove Chow, Clearchoice,Ambiance, Lignetics and Hamers. Just found 10 bags of Firesides buried behind my stash. I was always happy burning them in past years but read some very mediocre opinions here and looked for other choices. Have to say after burning 2 bags in my York they work as well as anything I have burned all year. Maybe a little less heat but a whole lot less ash. Basically says to me that this seasons pellets in general were a disappointment. I liked the Ambiance the best and the Ligs the worst, ashy crap for sure.

I actually had good performance from the FUs that I purchased last year (2011) and burned at the beginning of the season.

I burned 4 bags of FUs this year and they were OK, bighest thing I noticed was the amount of saw dust in each bag.

seem ok, good shoulder pellets, noway near the heat of Somerset's, i'm trying to save my last ton of 'Set's, now that it's warmer, FU's are very short and light in color, like there some kind of softwood

wwert were you located?, i'm in Windsor Locks

FUs just replaced the stove chow in bristol HD

Status
Not open for further replies.