Fireside Ultra's are softwood ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a pic somewhere here that showed the Energex CA plant filling the FSU bags. I highly doubt they are using a different blend of fiber for the FSU and most likely are using the same fiber as the Energex CA.

From a rep I chatted with, The reason they are saying a higher amount of softwood in their blend is due to its what they get from the saw mills they buy from. Most of the CA mills are cutting SPF for 2x lumber. The hardwood they get isn't as abundent as it is down here. PA mill is mostly hardwoods, But they do except a little bit of SPF and the amount varies. So they don't even specify what the blend is.

All box store pellets are the same anyway!

Reactions: IHATEPROPANE
I contacted Energex to put the Fireside Ultra = 100% Softwood claims to rest.
My email:
UMainah said:
To: [email protected]
Hi,
I was wondering about what percentage hardwood & softwood Fireside Ultras are?
Thanks!
- Dan

The response:
Energex said:
Good morning Dan!
The blend is always changing based on the raw materials we receive, however, on average it is a 60% Softwood – 40% Hardwood blend.
Thank you,
Ryan Russler
Sales and Marketing Manager
Maybe Pellet King bought a batch that happened to have higher softwood then average.

Status
Not open for further replies.