FireTekâ„¢ Firebrick anyone use it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stellep

Burning Hunk
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern MA
It's time to replace the firebrick in the old stove. FireTekâ„¢ Firebrick around the net, seems to be half the price of OEM. Anyone use it ? Comments or observations welcome.

Thanks.

Just bought some FireTek for my Profile30, haven't installed yet. I am very curious about other member's experience with it.

Installed Fire-Tek today, was very impressed with the fit. It actually fit better than the factory pieces(especially around the chute). Now to see if it holds up as well.

Before you install the "FireTek" backing, mask off a section around the drop tube about 6-8 inche and coat the area with "Fire cement"

This stuff is available at most hardware stores in little plastic containers.

Coating the firetek will extend the life of the stuff a BUNCH.

You dont need to put it on really heavy, just about 3/16" thick over the area masked off.

This area is beat up the worst by the fire.

I built my FireTek (factory ones) up on the prodigy and it was in bad shape after many many years of use by its previous owners.

Have fun.

Snowy

Thanks. No fit issues. I'll get some. My high temp safety switch is directly behind the firebrick. As long as the new brick insulates enough, I'm good. Snowy, I'm honored that you posted in my first thread. I've lurked here for some years and I've always enjoyed your posts. Thanks.

Glad to help.

Enjoy the good heat from your stove

Snowy

Great deal

This seller is very close to me. I need a new fire back for our large WHIT.
emailed the guy to see if I can pick one up there and save the shipping cost.

Snowy

just purchased for my Quest Plus stove
fits great, we'll see how it hold up to a flame

Snowy Rivers said:
Great deal

This seller is very close to me. I need a new fire back for our large WHIT.
emailed the guy to see if I can pick one up there and save the shipping cost.

Snowy

Snowy I know the guy who makes and sells those (We carry em too) and he is definately ok with walk ins.

Snowy,
If you do the walk-in, it would be great if you could find out some info about the stuff, like what it's made of etc. For those of us who are interested in such things. Thanks.

stellep said:
j-takeman,

Here a link I chose because it has a description. But the Firetek is everywhere if you google.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/WHITFIELD-PE...821?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58841e9cf5

BTW. Thanks for your excellent pellet reviews!

$108 plus $33 shipping, screw that, Kozy getting Kozy with the cash!, got it for $95 and free shipping from another Ebay guy from Oregon, Mr. Pellethead
Bought last Sunday now Fedex shows a monday delivery, HATE Fedex/UPS, they are so slow......USPS be here in Ct in 2-3 days, priority mail, faster and cheaper!!

My brick is 12+ years old and the hole around the drop tube is getting big, too big

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITFIELD-P...649?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23149fbe69

AW1223 said:
Installed Fire-Tek today, was very impressed with the fit. It actually fit better than the factory pieces(especially around the chute). Now to see if it holds up as well.
Got mine for $79.00 with free shipping. About one week into using it, so far so good.

Hello

Here is some more Fire-Tek at reasonable prices

http://a1stoves.com/pellet-stove-parts-firebricks-c-8_33.html

Has anyone seen this Firex 600?
http://www.tradekorea.com/e-catalogue/tyint2781/product-detail/P00021791/Firex_600.html

It comes in Ravelli Pellet Stoves. I would like to buy it separate!
http://www.ecoteck.it/english/firex.php
FIREX 600 PROLONGS THE PLEASURE OF HEAT

All Gruppo Ravelli's products have a combustion chamber made from FIREX 600, a vermiculite based material developed by Gruppo Ravelli after long and extensive research.

FIREX 600 captures the heat generated by the flames, stores it then gradually releases it, improving combustion quality and keeping the firebox free from combustion residues via a process of pyrolysis.

Video on FireBacks

Firetek sucks, 2 yrs and after the first yr the board cracked, got a free replacement but now its cracking again, factory board is softer and lasted alot longer and fit better.
Now i noticed on the bottom of the chute the firebrick is getting blown out and now the flames are sucking in under the drop chute~!~
Ordered another brand from Jason Munson, looks alot like the original cerra baord, I recall that the original board was updated, the Firetek is now cracked in half, the ash buildup is keeping it from leaking, the sides are ok, but the center has cracked and gotten bigger around the chute

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.