Fireview gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
We had a warmer day yesterday so I let the stove cool and did a good cleaning which included the vacuuming the cat (Yes, I know Dennis it wasn't needed but I had to do it :red: ) and the upper chamber to get the fly ash out. When lifted the top off the gasket lightly stuck to the top and was pulled up from the one corner. I was able to push it back in with no problems and she's sealed just fine right now.

My question is, do I need to cement it back down? Should I do it during the next warm spell or wait until Spring when I do the final cleaning of the year?

Thanks,
FV

It's probably fine til Spring but I'd order some gasket glue from Woodstock and have it at the ready incase you need it.

As long as it is stuck down, don't try to fix it. :)

I think its fine, my door gasket came loose as soon as I installed my stove, I called woodstock and they sent me a new gasket and cement but I have never changed it because the original gasket set back down and never came loose again nor caused any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.