Fireview in Gallery Picture 100??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akennyd

Aug 19, 2009
North Carolina
I like the color of the Fireview in the Hearth.com Gallery page picture 100!!

Would the owner of this stove please tell me the color? Is it metallic brown?

Thanks,
Kenny

John 3:16

There is no telling where that pic came from but that is the metallic brown castings finish.

Thanks BB, I was just taking a shot in the dark and hoping the owner would come forward. I really like how they matched the stove pipe color up to the stove.

Kenny

If you buy your pipe from Woodstock, they will paint it to match your stove at no extra charge.

Woodstove-2.gif

I did not look up the picture you mentioned but this is a picture of our metallic brown Fireview.

Thanks for posting the pic Dennis. You must have interest in the Woodstock company! :) It's amazing the positive following that Woodstock has!!!

Nice looking fireview. I'm pretty much sold on the fireview though I still wish the window was a little bigger. If the keystone was rated for as much heat output as the fireview, I would probably go with it instead.

Woodstock's sale ends today...so I'm gonna have to jump on one or let it pass.

Kenny

John 3:16, 17

Jump on in, Kenny, the water is fine!!

Also, if you still aren't 100% sure, i am quite sure your $250 refundable deposit will lock in the sale price.

Jump, Kenny, jump. Jump, Kenny, jump!

Jump! Jump! Jump! :)

Hey Dennis - I just noticed on your picture that you left the lid handle off your stove, or is that a picture from before you installed it? Interesting to me as I am debating the same here - given that it is only really needed when the stove is cool and I can use the tab to lift the lid anyway I don't functionally need it and I'm not really sure I like the looks of it hanging there all the time.

Go ahead Kenny. Remember the guarantee! 6 months! Ya, I wish I had stock in that company. lol No, I'm just a happy satisfied customer.

Slow, that was a picture taken during the install. We did put the handle on and also leave it on. I do like the looks of it with that handle on. In addition to that, when we clean the cat, contrary to what is recommended, we do not wait for the stove to get cold. It is actually quite warm when we do it and I just slip the welders glove on. So when we clean the cat, or just check it, the fire is going kicking out heat pretty fast once the job is done.

Yes, it's hard to beat the 6 month money back (including shipping, I believe) guarantee. My only hang-up is that I will not be able to install the stove right away, I have to wait for our house addition to be complete so I will have room for the stove. I'm hoping to start the addition this month and I'm guessing 3-5 months for completion. That will only leave me a month or two of actual usable time...not to mention the weather should be warming up.

But....If I don't purchase now, it will be next winter before I get a stove.

Kenny

Since construction always takes longer than you think, I would probably wait until next summer to get it. They have a sale every summer and the tax credit will still be in effect. The only risk is if the price goes up on the stove.

wendell said:
Since construction always takes longer than you think, I would probably wait until next summer to get it. They have a sale every summer and the tax credit will still be in effect. The only risk is if the price goes up on the stove.

I'd agree with this. You don't want the stove sitting around during construction either - one more thing to shuffle about and it is a HEAVY thing to be shifting. Even if you have a place to put it that is safe you are better off using that space for other things.

Stack your wood and just plan to buy the stove next year - who knows, perhaps the rumored 'next best thing' from Woodstock will be out and you will find it matches your needs.

Now I'm discouraged. :-S

Well...I wanted a stove when the house was built 14 years ago but I backed out. Now I have hopes of having and using one this winter!!! Thinking about going ahead. I have plenty of room to store it, it will be completely out of harms way. Besides it will be a motivator and I'm afraid if I don't go ahead, it just won't happen, again...

Kenny

akennyd said:

Well...I wanted a stove when the house was built 14 years ago but I backed out. Now I have hopes of having and using one this winter!!! Thinking about going ahead. I have plenty of room to store it, it will be completely out of harms way. Besides it will be a motivator and I'm afraid if I don't go ahead, it just won't happen, again...

Kenny

Well, only you know your own project schedule and motivations. What room is it going in? When will that room be done etc... I'm mostly relating to my own renovation a couple years ago and it was a lot of shuffling things around to get out of the way for construction 'mess' to pass. Even though I knew ahead of time what was going to happen it still was surprising when it really happened - and we were actually close to on schedule (within 3 weeks on a 4 month project - I had 'budgeted' for them to be as much as 2 months late).

If you need to have the stove sitting there looking at you in order to have the motivation to get it done, then go for it. It sure seems to me that you are very motivated and I imagine that flame doesn't go out easily... rather it is more likely to smolder until you do get yourself a stove. Besides, you are still having that chimney installed and hearth built as part of the construction project, right? Once you have that done there won't be any turning back.

Kenny, we were somewhat in the same boat. We bought in late winter but had remodeling planned for the summer. We got the stove and just held on to it. We put it in that September. It worked out great.

akennyd said:

Kenny

Then go for it and use it as motivation to finish fast! Meanwhile keep getting next year's wood put up!

Well...I put a deposit on a fireview yesterday!!!! Lady I spoke with on the phone said it was a zoo at woodstock yesterday.

I'm excited but I also know a lot of work is ahead of me before I can put the stove to use. Not the least of which is finding wood just in case I get to use the stove some this winter.

BTW, was at my local building inspection office yesterday to pick up my building permit so I asked if there was any inspection for wood stove installations. Answer: Well I'm not sure, let me check with an inspector. Yes, the inspector says that woodstoves are kinda dangerous so we do need to inspect it, just fill out this paperwork and pay 35 dollars. Me: What codes do I have to follow or how do I know what you are looking for? Answer: You can talk to the inspector. Inspector: We just need to see the factory manuals that come with your stove and chimney. We will verify that you have the proper clearances in your installation. :gulp:

Kenny

John 3:16,17

Kenny. Those guys have to get paid somehow. lol What a farce...

Kenny, good choice on your stove! We had NO trouble with our local code enforcement office, because we followed the manufacturer's spec.s. and those of our insurance agency.

The whole key to it is to do the right thing the first ime around. Pay attention to safety, it's important. If you follow current spec.s., dotting Is and crossing Ts, you'll be fine. Never give a bureaucrat a chance to say no, my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.