Fireview Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigs

Dec 15, 2010
Central PA
First time posting. Been lurking around for a few years. Here is a picture of the fireview that I finally got installed and operating. I have been working on it for over a year and a half. Thanks to all of the fireview owners for their contribution to this forum. I would not have been able to do any of this without all of the information posted on this site. I have been burning for about a month and have found the fireview to be able to heat my finished basement and upstairs living room. The problem that I am having is that the central heat thermometer is located in the living room and the heat from the stove keeps it from kicking on, leaving our bedrooms cool. I know their are alot of posts abiut moving air around but am thinking about having a friend take a look at installing another zone for the bedrooms on my central heating system or upgrading to infloor radiant heat using a hot water tank to heat the water. Does anyone have any experience regarding these radiant systems?

Attachments

• Hearth 01.JPG compressed.jpg
    Hearth 01.JPG compressed.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 234
Nice install. Welocome aboard. One of the problems with basement stoves is getting even heat upstairs into other rooms. I solved it by installing another Woodstock upstairs. Another option is a small electric space heater for the bedrooms.

Jigs said:
First time posting. Been lurking around for a few years. Here is a picture of the fireview that I finally got installed and operating. I have been working on it for over a year and a half. Thanks to all of the fireview owners for their contribution to this forum. I would not have been able to do any of this without all of the information posted on this site. I have been burning for about a month and have found the fireview to be able to heat my finished basement and upstairs living room. The problem that I am having is that the central heat thermometer is located in the living room and the heat from the stove keeps it from kicking on, leaving our bedrooms cool. I know their are alot of posts abiut moving air around but am thinking about having a friend take a look at installing another zone for the bedrooms on my central heating system or upgrading to infloor radiant heat using a hot water tank to heat the water. Does anyone have any experience regarding these radiant systems?

Welcome Jigs!!

In case you have forced air in addition to your radiant heating and haven't thought of it already, try changing the fan setting on your furnace control from "auto" to "on", to circulate air when the furnace isn't heating. This will equalize temps, and might solve your problem.

HTH, and congrats! Nice install!

Welcome to the forum Jigs and congratulations on the new Fireview. Nice looking install too.

It should work well to set up another zone for the bedrooms. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.