Fireview Loves Pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird396

Nov 7, 2009
southeastern ma
Just for fun I loaded up this morning with some super dry (14%) white pine I cut from my backyard yesterday. Turned draft down to .5 with no flames just glowing, 2 hours later the stovetop is 550.

I have never got the stovetop this high with no flames before burning oak or maple. I think the pine is so dry that it really shows what the stove can do. I wish my oak was as dry as this pine. My oak is about 20-24% moisture content and I rarely get over 475 with this wood at this draft setting.

jaybird396 said:
Just for fun I loaded up this morning with some super dry (14%) white pine I cut from my backyard yesterday. Turned draft down to .5 with no flames just glowing, 2 hours later the stovetop is 550.

I have never got the stovetop this high with no flames before burning oak or maple. I think the pine is so dry that it really shows what the stove can do. I wish my oak was as dry as this pine. My oak is about 20-24% moisture content and I rarely get over 475 with this wood at this draft setting.

Now you know why we have so much fun here out West burnin pine all the time.
Image a world where the forests are full of free wood that you can go get anytime, and it's already seasoned. :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.