FIREVIEW SHIPPED

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Coastie, huh?!
I'm a Navy Vet myself. 4 years on the USS America (now sunk for the sake of future shipbuilding designs) (so they say)
My moniker is just an oxymoron. (Hey, I'm easily amused, what can I say?)
Your stove definatley looks warm and cozy I cant wait. Enjoy....

So how many square feet are you heating with that fireview, and what sort of burn times are you getting?

rmcfall said:
So how many square feet are you heating with that fireview, and what sort of burn times are you getting?

I'm heating 1800 sq ft. Stove is installed in a finished walkout type basement. I have gotten 8 hr burn times with it so far, but I haven't really tried filling her up to the gills yet. Just getting use to the catalytic burn. I'll get more aggressive after my cat probe thermometer arrives.

Todd said:
rmcfall said:

I'm heating 1800 sq ft. Stove is installed in a finished walkout type basement. I have gotten 8 hr burn times with it so far, but I haven't really tried filling her up to the gills yet. Just getting use to the catalytic burn. I'll get more aggressive after my cat probe thermometer arrives.

That is great, Todd. I may have to look into getting a Fireview for myself as well. We are in the market for a new stove... I can't remember from your previous posts, but how well insulated is your home? And is most of that 1800 sq. feet the basement?

rmcfall said:
Todd said:
rmcfall said:

That is great, Todd. I may have to look into getting a Fireview for myself as well. We are in the market for a new stove... I can't remember from your previous posts, but how well insulated is your home? And is most of that 1800 sq. feet the basement?

Pretty well insulated. Last summer I added insulation to the attic and it made a big difference. My house is a open floor plan ranch with a walk out finished basement. The 1800 sq ft is divided up between the basement and main floor. My stove is located on an outer wall with the stairwell about 15 ft away running up the center of the house. Also have a floor grate over the stove with a booster fan blowing heat up into my living room.

Although I have only had the stove for about a week and there's still a learning curve, I'm pretty pleased with this stove. The construction looks like it's built to last, heats great, clean glass, and has longer burn times than my old Homestead.

Hey Todd,
My inspection went thru okay yesterday and.....We have ignition!
I slowly worked it up to 300 yesterday and even at that low temp it had my 1500 SF house @72.
I got up this morning and the coals were long gone, but the soapstone side was still hot!
This thing is amazing.
I, too am getting used to the settings. It does take a good while to start producing heat, though. I'm gonna stoke her up higher tonight and take it slow.

MAJ. Woody said:
Hey Todd,
My inspection went thru okay yesterday and.....We have ignition!
I slowly worked it up to 300 yesterday and even at that low temp it had my 1500 SF house @72.
I got up this morning and the coals were long gone, but the soapstone side was still hot!
This thing is amazing.
I, too am getting used to the settings. It does take a good while to start producing heat, though. I'm gonna stoke her up higher tonight and take it slow.

Great news,
Just wait til you load her up and do a long burn. Once you get a good bed of coals in there you will notice a big difference in heat output. Last night I loaded her up as much wood as it could hold. I let it catch, then turned the air down to 1. 8hrs later she was still around 300 deg with lots of big coals for refueling.

Big test this weekend, the weatherman is calling for -15 Sat morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.