Fireview Top Down Stack question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyb

Jul 27, 2008
Lakes Region NH
To all the Fireview owners and others with similar configurations and to all those who just have opinions and like to help. I've been reading up on Top Down stacking, EW stacking, NS Stacking and traditional stacking. So for those of you have done, tried, practiced, maybe somewhat perfected the various stacking techniques. What do you find works the best for this type of stove and how(describe please) do you stack it into your stove.

Can you cold start a Fireview from this type of stack or is it something to do only on restarts? Does the airflow in the Fireview change it to a front to back instead of a top down? I think I came across that at some point.

Thanks for the input.

All the air flow on the fireview flows down in front of the glass an into the fire. Top down fire starting methods works fine, that's how I usually start mine from a cold start. As far a reloading goes, it's pretty much an east/west loader since it has a side door as the only way to load. A full load will burn front to back and most of your coals will be in the back of the stove at the end of the burn cycle, just rake them forward towards the glass and fill her up again. I have burned north/south with butt ends and odd ball pieces less than 13" long and it burns fine but not as long as east/west.

Status
Not open for further replies.