Fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that they won't sell to anyone in Washington state though.

yup, I guess they're concerned about codes, ect. I just thought since Woodstock had a cult following on these forums, someone may be interested

Couldn't have been too worried about codes as they "did use the stove on many occasions and it works extremely well".

Sold for $500. Only 1 bid.

If it is really 23 years old it is not EPA certified. As such, the stove is illegal to be sold, bought, installed, or given away in WA state. But cripes, who follows that law? It's like the speed limit.

I don't know why the owners would be so concerned if someone did in fact install it in Washington State. Just using common sense here, but I would think it would be the new owners who would be held responsible if they violated a code or law there. Plus, someone could be buying it to use as a door stop for all they know.

Somebody stole that thing at $500!

Nic36 said:
I don't know why the owners would be so concerned if someone did in fact install it in Washington State. Just using common sense here, but I would think it would be the new owners who would be held responsible if they violated a code or law there. Plus, someone could be buying it to use as a door stop for all they know.

It is the same fine for advertising or selling it n the state as it is for installing it.

BrotherBart said:
It is the same fine for advertising or selling it n the state as it is for installing it.

Ooooh, I didn't realize that. I guess I wouldn't want a visit from the Stove Police either.

Status
Not open for further replies.