Firewood: $.35/foot (Craig's List ad)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
"3by4 1 foot peices of hard wood for burning in your fire place its that time of the year will burn longer than logs .50 each or 5 for 2 bucks they are in 48" peices call or text me to let me know how many u want so i can cut them down or if u want them whole to cut your self .35 a foot call or text...."

When I read the the ad I'm really not sure what the person is saying other than 35 cents/foot. :)

3by4 1 foot pieces
.50 each or .35 per foot.
he lives where 1 foot" is not 12" :)

hmmm....

they burn longer than logs?
guess i should load me uppa truckload of those babies since they burn longer than logs
and all this time i thought all wood of the same species, dimensions and moisture content would burn the same.
the things you can learn on craigslist...

Weird.

Hope they don't still have the stain on them, sounds like old hardwood flooring to me. 3by4? must be 3" wide, 4' long. I'll take a cord!

35 cents per cubic foot?

bogydave said:
3by4 1 foot pieces
.50 each or .35 per foot.
he lives where 1 foot" is not 12" :)

Maybe they mean 3inch x 4 inch x 1 foot?

pen

Weird pricing, but it makes sense to me. 50c each foot if he cuts it, 35c each if you cut it.

Shari said:
"3by4 1 foot peices of hard wood for burning in your fire place its that time of the year will burn longer than logs .50 each or 5 for 2 bucks they are in 48" peices call or text me to let me know how many u want so i can cut them down or if u want them whole to cut your self .35 a foot call or text...."

The wood is 3"x4"x48". If you purchase them in 1' pieces, they cost $.50 each or 5 for $2.00. If you want to purchase them as 3"x4"x48" pieces (uncut), then they cost $.35 per foot or said another way, one 3"x4"x48" piece cost $1.75.

He's definitely selling pallet/skid runners. These things burn great. My dad gets tons of these from work. Heats his whole house all winter long.

Status
Not open for further replies.