Firewood Collecting Photos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarmGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 30, 2006
Far Northern Calif. Coast
I'm so lucky to have a large forest nearby (within a mile of my house) with permission to cut as many downed trees as I want. Lots of trees blew down in two storms, one in Jan 06 and another in Jan 07.

A few times a week I grab an easy load before lunch. Here are some pictures from today's trip. By comparing the first two, you can see which logs I cut up. In fact, if you put the two pictures on top of one another and switch between them, it makes an interesting animation.

It's almost all fir, but I've gotten a few pines.

Attachments

• P0001330.JPG
    P0001330.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,316
Nice pics. Make sure your saw is secure like that. That's how I ended up with a new Stihl FarmBoss in the case. Found it laying in a ditch, thought it was a gas can at first, when I pulled back up next to it, I couldn't believe it. Put an ad in the paper for 2 weeks, no one claimed it or even called. Sold it a year later for a decent price. My brother-in-law just lost a tonneau cover this weekend the same way- blew out and someone picked it up- gone.

WarmGuy said:

It's almost all fir, but I've gotten a few pines.

Warmguy

How long do you let the pine dry before you burn it.How is it to burn??

Thanks John

Status
Not open for further replies.