Firewood fairy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow burn

Sep 2, 2016
New Hampshire
Two weeks ago I made a big push to get this this years wood under cover so I can go up to camp in Maine deer hunting.
While I was gone this past weekend someone came to visit. F1EFD1BF-A7B3-4408-A068-285C2C9538F1_zpsnkdohjyk.jpg
Looks like a good mix of species. Not as much Oak as I'd like but that's life.
Time to get the gear ready for a work out! 27FAA4E6-E6E8-427C-B7FA-C9580EBBC397_zpsh25jgxyr.jpg

Your title made me chuckle ... I've been the pot hole fairy for our shared driveway for the last several years until the neighbour took delivery on some loads of gravel that left huge ruts in the shared drive. Since I've been the one doing the snowblowing too, got ticked off that no one repaired the damage. Fixed the damage that affected me and stopped plowing his drive:mad:

Morale of the story ... keep the firewood fairy happy:)

Reactions: HybridFyre
OK, the real question Slow Burn though is this . . . Did ya gitcha deer yet?

well, I did pay for the wood so I don't have to worry much about upsetting him. I can imagine a shared drive could cause problems.

The one buck I got a look at last weekend I was in the truck on the way home ten min from camp on Sunday... figures

They're not as stupid as you may think they are;hm We've had a little doe hanging out around our house since the blaze orange folks have moved in.;)

They are very crafty animals. Until he gets the urge and there are females in the area.

As far as the wood goes I'm working on getting far enough ahead so I can step up to a more efficient stove. We just moved into a new to us house. The wood I'm burning now is too wet. I was able to bring some of my wood stash from the last house but the buyer insisted on some if it for outdoor fires! I was pissed, offered to replace the hard wood with some pine to roast hot dogs but the guy wouldn't hear it.

For now it's cut split stack and keep a good eye on the chimney for build up

Status
Not open for further replies.