Firewood Hoarder's Club?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClanCameron

Dec 17, 2012
South Central Minnesota
So is there a thread for hoarders? What are the ratings - I saw them once, but cannot find them again via search. Trying to see where I 'stack up' in the ratings. What's the link? sorry I gotta bother you guys for this. Lovin'g my Progress for the few cold nights we've had here in South Central MN. Bucked, split and stacked about five cords this summer. And have a back log of about the same. thanks.

All the wood pile threads are for hoarders, I assume?

If the shoe fit we could do a sub forum for cord hordes, etc........it would still be in the wood shed.....

For instance, we could have a sub forum for wood-sheds, one for piles and then let everything else pile up in the regular threads.

Or leave it as is. Most people prefer shorter threads rather than two year old ones......of course, there are a few exceptions to the rule.

Anyway, in my mind, Eric Johnson is/was and will always be the original.

Reactions: Jags
Ooh! Ooh! I wanna be part of the hoarders club! Sadly enough, I've not quite amassed the collection that most of you have.... but if it's any consolation, if I see any downed wood, twigs, Lincoln Logs, etc, etc. they go right on my wood pile. My wife has already advised I've come down with some sort of sickness. And I've done my best to blame all of you here at the Hearth. ;lol

HAHha My wife is the same way ! Funny thing is she's the 1st one whining its cold outside ..Honey can we start a fire ;lol

Reactions: PSYS
Pretty much if you spent any time on here you become a firewood hoarder. It's kind of like spending time in a chocolate factory. Sure some can resist but many, many more must partake in the indulgence. As for as the club part, the wife is for that. She would love to club me every time we drive around and I say "OH LOOK FIREWOOD!"

Pretty much if you spent any time on here you become a firewood hoarder. It's kind of like spending time in a chocolate factory. Sure some can resist but many, many more must partake in the indulgence. As for as the club part, the wife is for that. She would love to club me every time we drive around and I say "OH LOOK FIREWOOD!"

Thats funny , my wife says . Honey dont you got enough firewood. ! Thats like me telling her .Honey dont you got enough shoe's ! ;lol

I think old spark should take over...

Reactions: BrotherBart
It's definitely an illness, but there are so many worse things to be hooked on!

We miss Eric's posts. Wish he was around all the time.

My wife loves my wood!!!!
100_7307.JPG

Reactions: MrWhoopee
So, in summary we have no ratings for kindling fools, cord hordes, stump chumps, pile pillagers, wood weasels, fatwood fools, cord collectors, hoard ho's, wood wimps, soft woodies, wee woodies, fat racks, holz heros or any other permeation of the name. We are, however, highly creative and invite you to give your piles names and captions when you post them....

Reactions: red oak
in my mind, Eric Johnson is/was and will always be the original.

Ain't it the truth. This is his stash in 2006. 33 cords of Beech that later grew to 45 cords. All hand split.

woodpile07-jpg.5645

Yeah Eric was what caused me to do these two stacks totaling twenty cords trying to catch up. Never caught up with him. And even with a hydraulic splitter it damn near killed me. But his best contribution was finally being the guy that could tell me how to stop my saws from cutting crooked.

08-09 six cords oak.jpg13 cords.jpg

I usually go for a ride then do the stacking.

Reactions: red oak
Status
Not open for further replies.