Firewood Hauler Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I run a 1984 Dodge W150 with 3/4 Ton springs. On a good day I can fit almost a cord in it. It still needs a little work but it's a great pickup for something I put about 5-800 miles a year on.

Attachments

• Load 4 Picture 1.jpg
    Load 4 Picture 1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,449
My wheelbarrow. Its a bit off kilter wiht just the plow on the front and no ballast in the back...about a half ton or so in the bed and she levels out nicely.

Attachments

• 11-05-06_1429.jpg
    11-05-06_1429.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,111
I forgot to post when my buddy helps . . .

Attachments

• firewood2.jpg
    firewood2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,343
My wife and I have been discussing my purchasing a "beater" truck during the upcoming year. When I passed a used dump truck along the road for sale, I said, "Hey, honey! That would be perfect."

Her response was that if I were to buy it, she would divorce me. LOL

I've discussed this at work, and it's definitely a gender item. Every male with whom I've mentioned this agreed that a dump truck would be great, probably because all of us are little boys at heart and can't help but think of "Tonkas." Every woman agrees with my wife, and a few have had a discussion on this very subject with their husbands.

Bottom line: "Truck" means "pick-up truck" in my wife's vernacular. By the way, used tanks are also out, according to her.

bruce56bb said:
lets see the wood haulers! mine is just a little on the nasty side but is actually very dependable and i don't have to worry about scratching it.
78 chevy 1/2t 4x4.

I'm not doing any better than you. For large hauls, I borrow my father-in-law's pickup. Otherwise, for the lot which is literally just around the corner from my house, I just buck and split what I can and put it into my little Saturn Ion with the seats down and an old sheet covering everything. It often takes many trips, but the distance isn't a concern.

njtomatoguy said:
My "hauler"

it's the one in my profile page.

'48 1.5-ton dodge. 2-speed rear, pto dump, 12'x4'x6' bed. (2.25 cords folks) exceptionally slow moving.

My rig ('81? MTD) for hauling rounds out from the woods behind my house.
I'm amazed that tin trailer is still in one piece. Especially since I have to cross a low section of stone wall every trip. LOL

Attachments

• MTD1.jpg
    MTD1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 553
Finally got a trailer on the new hauler.Bought the HHR May 15, 2008.
Held off from putting anything big or messy in it.
HHR.jpg

Got a trailer hitch installed today. Also bought a 4x6 utility trailer today.
Scrounge on!

I don't have a hauler currently, well the truck, yeah. But I am fixing to build a 4'x6' or 6.5' trailer to attach to the quad(Prairie) so I can get back to those remote regions..............

My 87 Yota 1 ton Dually with a 9x6 Knapheide flatbed and Tommy lift

P10100072.gif

P10100112.gif

Pic from my friends timber frame barn project I helped with for the past 3 years. Finally finished this year.

Dodge 2500 diesel, 6x12 hydraulic dump trailer.

Attachments

• log_hauler.jpg
    log_hauler.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,101
2005 Dodge Ram w/Hemi

Attachments

• p_00004.jpg
    p_00004.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 987
Same picture in last year's thread. :cheese:

IMG_2337.jpg

Sorry, not a current photo, 06 F250 Powerstroke. Tuned to 420rwhp/800rwtq, running on Fryer Oil, Picture isnt current, its lifted 2.5" and has 35s on the factory 20s. I have a 7k cargo trailer I load up with wood to get it home from my dads land.

Here's what I use around our property. 4x4 w/hydraulic dump bed. Pic was taken earlier this year when brand new. It's a little dirtier right now.
GWS3.jpg

er318 said:
Here's what I use around our property. 4x4 w/hydraulic dump bed. Pic was taken earlier this year when brand new. It's a little dirtier right now.
GWS3.jpg
Now that is a nice wood hauler, only thing is, I would have to sell my saws and splitter and get a job since I am retired to pay for one. ;-P

Shipper

Here is mine, with some of the wood it has hauled so far this summer / fall. I have added removable rails to the sides so I can pile the wood high, a bar across the back rollbar so the wood doesn't come visit me when I am driving, and on the top a removable rack to carry 2 chainsaws, gas, oil, ...

Attachments

• web-IMG00074.jpg
    web-IMG00074.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 825
I don't have one as nice as the guys with the side by sides, but it does its job ok I guess. It gets me around and hauls the equipment ok too...

Shipper

Attachments

• sycamore_600_450.jpg
    sycamore_600_450.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 864
Shipper50 said:
I don't have one as nice as the guys with the side by sides, but it does its job ok I guess. It gets me around and hauls the equipment ok too...

Shipper

Nice for getting through the woods and, been their done that.
600x450PIC_0480.jpg

The center of the trailer was lowered to prevent tip overs on uneven terain through the woods.
600x450PIC_0481.jpg

My bigger hauler, another load of free wood from my tree service guy..........
600x450PIC_0505.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.