Firewood Location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends don't let friends buy orange.
So far I love my South Korean orange, only thing I would change is getting the front quick attachment bucket, so much more versital

Ha, heard the same thing about green locally.

Ha, heard the same thing about green locally.
Please don't get mad but what quick attachments does your wheel barrel have?

Reactions: Ashful
Good night that a lot of cats...

Yup ... could be worse though ... my vet and one of his assistants have 8 and 11 cats respectively. Incidentally I have since asked my wife to stop looking at the Facebook posts from shelters who have high kill rates....

When we finished our two and a half car attached garage into my wife's art studio, I built an insulated wall and left most of the "half car" portion as a cold storage wood room. I installed an insulated door between the studio and that room and can stack just over 3 cords in there.

I put in French doors into the studio from the outside. The access door to the wood room is right inside those exterior doors.

It makes it really convenient to load up a winters worth of wood in the fall. It also makes it really convenient to get the wood all winter long.

"half car" portion as a cold storage wood room
That's awesome and very convenient, I bet if we were neighbors you would be laughing at me as I wrestle tarps during a Nor'easter

When we finished our two and a half car attached garage into my wife's art studio, I built an insulated wall and left most of the "half car" portion as a cold storage wood room. I installed an insulated door between the studio and that room and can stack just over 3 cords in there.

I put in French doors into the studio from the outside. The access door to the wood room is right inside those exterior doors.

It makes it really convenient to load up a winters worth of wood in the fall. It also makes it really convenient to get the wood all winter long.

I am jealous! I would like to do something like you have done, one day. I really don't like letting all the warm air out of the house as I go in and out to bring in the wood, a box at a time (banana boxes work great, by the way). Seems counterproductive.

I will be adding a makeshift vestibule to half of the front porch this year to keep the wind out as we go in and out for loads. I am thinking about hanging shower curtains with extra weight at the bottoms. The neighbors probably won't like it much, but perhaps it'll temporarily distract them from all the blue tarps around that cover the stacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.