Firewood Novice Accepting Tips and Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled it off and threw it out, I didn't think twice because I thought it was only on me for a couple hours
One hears that if you get the tick off within a day, they can't infect you, but I'm not convinced that's true. The faster you find them, the better though. I've heard that if your immune system is strong, it can overcome the Lyme virus before it can take hold. Not sure about that, either. I just got some 10" boots so I can tuck my pants in (rubber band my cuffs, too.) With the taller boots I can pull the cuffs up, then pull the excess down over the boot tops to keep wood chips out. I've been using Repel Lemon Eucalyptus pump spray. Stinks, but I think it works to some degree.

Off road diesel fuel is home heating oil, not taxed like highway diesel

If you do fell any live hardwoods on your property this year, I suggest cutting the branches down to about one inch (or even less). This wood will season the fastest and is great for developing a quick bed of coals, initially as well as getting a quick fire going from left over coals the next morning. Very little effort to cut and no splitting needed.

I agree with the advice you've gotten so far. Get whatever wood you can find split and stacked in the sub and wind. If you can't cut enough then consider buying by the cord now. You should be able to get the wood reasonably seasoned if you stack it soon.

These wood piles, although modest in size, represents the fruit of my labor since May. Mind you I do not work on this 24/7, just when I can.

Attachments

• DSC01528.JPG
    DSC01528.JPG
    762.1 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.